Friday, September 18, 2009

This is Why

It's just one small example of why, but this shows a little bit of why it is so wonderful to be married to my husband, Jay.

It was the typical busy morning. Get kids up, help them get things around, get breakfast on, pray, and then send them out the door for seminary. See whatever Jay needs done so he can get off to work.

We have a few minutes to talk, and then he says he really needs to go because he has a busy day. He holds me close, and as always, it feels so nice. He kind of sways back and forth as he hugs me, and I say to him, "Mmmm... We're going to have to go dancing again one of these days," which we both love to do.

He says, "Wait right there," as he goes over to the computer, puts our favorite song on, and then reaches out for me. We spend the next four minutes and forty-three seconds dancing in our bedroom, with him holding me close and softly singing the words in my ear. We dance, and tears fill my eyes because he's always just so loving. Once again, I wonder how anyone could possibly deserve to be treated the way he treats me.

I am so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh thats so sweet. I'd say he's definitly a keeper.

    ReplyDelete