Thursday, September 24, 2009

My Books Came! (and I'm just strange...)

Actually, they came yesterday. I answered the door around noon, and a UPS guy stood there with a carton of books. It was exciting to open it and see them, even though I already knew how they would look.

I know that I'm completely strange, but within minutes, I was tense and feeling stressed, complete with knotting muscles in my back and so on. I didn't expect that, and didn't know what to think.

"Just what is your problem, missy!" I demanded. I couldn't hear the answer too well, but I think it said,

"Book promotion... You have to do all that book promotion now... Aaaagh! Book promotion... Oh, and don't forget, you still don't know if anyone will even like your book anyway..."


Yep, I'm pretty sure that's what it said. And this kind of reaction is SO not me. I'm generally not the worrier type. And I'm almost never the pessimist. I think it's just all the unknowns. This is all completely unknown territory.

Usually in uncharted waters, I'm yelling, "Whoopee! Adventure!" But not this time, even though I really WANT to be. I'm a weird mix of emotions right now, vacillating between elation and dread.

Yeah, I know. I'm completely strange.

1 comment:

  1. That probably doesn't come as much of a surprise to people who know you. jk!!

    ReplyDelete